I got a shock late last week when our Leadership Team sat down to confirm our closing dates for Christmas. I believe my exact response was “I can’t believe you’re asking about Christmas”, but it was pointed out that we are now halfway through the year and many of those with well-banked annual leave will be booking trips and jet setting around the globe once again.
With five months of 2022 under our belts, here’s a quick whip around of recent highlights:
- The New Zealand Council of Retail Property (NZCORP) Committee have elected to step away from the NZCORP name and become further encircled in the Property Council brand. From 1 June the group will officially be known as Property Council Retail.
- Both the team and I are relishing the opportunity to host, attend and speak at events once again – please say hello if you see us out and about and make sure you book early for our upcoming events as we are seeing these sell out very quickly.
- Congratulations to the Advocacy Team on the massive amount of work undertaken throughout annual plan season. At this rate it looks as though we may overtake 2021’s tally of 34 submissions, with a record 22 submissions consulted on, written and campaigned for since January.
- Last week, we hosted members of our Advisory Group for a strategy session to help develop our new three-year Strategy. It was a great opportunity to come together as a group and we found huge value in the ideas and insights shared. Watch this space as we continue to shape this strategy over the coming months.
- Finally, nominations for the Property Council Members’ Laureate close this week – see here for details.
We know a few of our members have been experiencing a second wave of COVID infections recently so wanted to take a moment to remind you to look after your teams, your families and yourselves as we head into the winter months.
Ngā mihi nui