Is your project our 2021 winner?
NOMINATIONS OPEN NOW
Hosted by Property Council New Zealand with the support of Principal Sponsor Rider Levett Bucknall, the Property Industry Awards is the most prestigious property awards programme in New Zealand, celebrating excellence in design and innovation in the built environment for over 20 years.
The Awards showcase superior examples of iconic projects in property development and investment across a broad range of sectors and design disciplines, recognising outstanding projects, developments and refurbishments. Award winners are the best of the best; projects that provide an outstanding return or delivery of service potential on investment of funds, creating value for owners, tenants and the wider community.
The Property Council New Zealand Rider Levett Bucknall Property Industry Awards culminate at the Awards Dinner in August, a spectacular celebration that attracts over 1,500 property professionals as we crown the industry’s best projects.
- Read about our 2020 winners
- Click to order additional Awards certificates
- View and download images from the 2020 Awards
2021 Key Dates
Nominations close Monday 25 January
Completed submissions due Wednesday 10 March
Judging commences Monday 22 March
Awards Dinner and Ceremony Friday 20 August
About the Awards
There are ten award categories and one Supreme Award winner:
- Templeton Group Multi-Unit Residential Property Award
- Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities Community & Affordable Housing Property Award
- Greenstone Group Education Property Award
- RCP Commercial Office Property Award
- Holmes Consulting Group Tourism and Leisure Property Award
- Yardi Retail Property Award
- CBRE Industrial Property Award
- Warren and Mahoney Civic, Health and Arts Property Award
- Naylor Love Heritage and Adaptive Reuses Property Award
- Resene Green Building Property Award
- Rider Levett Bucknall Supreme Award
MERIT is awarded to projects through the judging process that are deemed to have something distinctive about the way in which the development or project was undertaken. There may be multiple Merit Award winners in each category.
EXCELLENCE is presented to projects that are deemed to be amongst the best in their chosen category, and that symbolise excellence within the property industry across all aspects of the evaluation. There may be multiple Excellence Award winners in each category.
BEST IN CATEGORY is selected in each category if a project stands out as the “best of the best” against the other project entries in their category. There is only one Best in Category Award winner in each category, with these projects also in the running for the overall Supreme Award.
The Awards Dinner is the biggest party in property - where the industry comes together to collectively applaud our winners and celebrate their achievements.
Eligibility and Criteria
Submitting into the awards is open to Property Council members and non-members. Eligible entrants are projects, developments or substantive refurbishments that have a Practical Completion Certificate prior to 28 February 2021 and have not previously won a Property Council Award within the category entered.
- A property that has not previously won an Award may be nominated again.
- A property may be entered into any of the primary categories, and additionally or solely entered into one or both (if applicable) of the Green Building and Heritage and Adaptive Reuses Property Award categories.
- All projects, developments or substantive refurbishments must be located within New Zealand.
The Awards are highly regarded for their focus on efficient use of capital. Projects are awarded for meeting a wide range of criteria to provide an outstanding return and/or delivery of service potential on investment of funds and maximum community benefit for public buildings.
Judging across all categories is strongly weighted towards economic and financial factors and other factors are evenly considered. Submissions will be assessed based on the following principles and allocated weighting.
- Economic and financial criteria 30%
- Project vision and innovation (includes degree of difficulty) 20%
- Design and construction 20%
- Owner and user satisfaction 15%
- Sustainability and efficiency of operation 15%
Congratulations to the winners of the Rider Levett Bucknall Supreme Award, Stride Property and Waste Management NZ for the Waste Management NZ Headquarters in Auckland.
Click below to view and download all the images from the event courtesy of Dillon Photography.
|Winners media wall images||General event & stage images||General media wall images|
Property Industry Awards Magazine
The Property Industry Awards magazine showcases our award winners and nominees. This publication is sent to all member companies, awards guests and nominees and sold via retail outlets throughout New Zealand - if you wish to place an advertisement in next year's magazine, please download the media kit and contact:
Publisher | B Media Ltd
T 09 308 9998
Previous Awards: Highlights & Heroes
To view the highlights from previous Awards, click below:
To discuss opportunities to support, speak or partner with the Awards, please contact:
T: 021 0287 6603