Congratulations to our 2019 Winners!
On 14 June 2019, we hosted over 1,400 guests to celebrate the very best of the property industry at the Property Council New Zealand Rider Levett Bucknall Property Industry Awards.
These awards are presented to outstanding property projects, developments or substantive refurbishments across New Zealand. Above all, the Awards recognise buildings that provide an outstanding return and/or delivery of service potential on investment of funds. For some this means a return on speculative investment; for others it means creating a development that supports productive activities, which creates value for both owners and users.
Best in Category winners were:
RCP Commercial Office Property Award
PwC Centre, Wellington
CBRE Industrial Property Award
Housing New Zealand Multi-Unit Residential Property Award
St Marks, Auckland
Yardi Retail Property Award
H&M Commercial Bay, Auckland
Holmes Tourism and Leisure Property Award
Taiora QEII Recreation and Sport Centre, Christchurch
Resene Green Building Property Award
Mason Bros., Auckland
Warren and Mahoney Civic and Arts Property Award
GIB Education Property Award
Freemans Bay School, Auckland
Fagerhult Health and Medical Property Award
Te Aka Mauri Children’s Health and Library Hub, Rotorua
Hawkins Heritage and Adaptive Reuses Property Award
Campbells Bay Early Learning Centre, Auckland
Natural Habitats Urban Land Developments Property Award
Vinegar Lane and Cider Building, Auckland
Rider Levett Bucknall Supreme Award
Where to next?
- Order additional Awards certificates here
- Learn more about the Awards and the judging process.
- Check out the Property Industry Awards Magazine
- View and download social-media-ready photographs from the event:
- Purchase high resolution photos from the event:
- Find out how your company can partner with us in 2020.
There are 11 award categories and one Supreme Award winner:
- Housing New Zealand Multi-Unit Residential Property Award
- GIB Education Property Award
- RCP Commercial Office Property Award
- Holmes Consulting Group Tourism and Leisure Property Award
- Natural Habitats Urban Land Developments Property Award
- Yardi Retail Property Award
- CBRE Industrial Property Award
- Warren and Mahoney Civic and Arts Property Award
- Fagerhult NZ Health and Medical Property Award
- Hawkins Heritage and Adaptive Reuses Property Award
- Resene Green Building Property Award
- Rider Levett Bucknall Supreme Award
MERIT is awarded to projects through the judging process that are deemed to have something distinctive about the way in which the development or project was undertaken. There may be multiple Merit Award winners in each category.
EXCELLENCE is presented to projects that are deemed to be amongst the best in their chosen category, and that symbolise excellence within the property industry across all aspects of the evaluation. There may be multiple Excellence Award winners in each category.
BEST IN CATEGORY is selected in each category if a project stands out as the “best of the best” against the other project entries in their category. There is only one Best in Category Award winner in each category, with these projects also in the running for the overall Supreme Award.
The Awards Dinner is the biggest party in property - where the industry comes together to collectively applaud our winners and celebrate their achievements.
Eligibility and Criteria
Submitting into the awards is open to Property Council members and non-members. Eligible entrants are projects, developments or substantive refurbishments that have a Practical Completion Certificate prior to 28 February 2020 and have not previously won a Property Council Award within the category entered.
- A property that has not previously won an Award may be nominated again.
- A property may be entered into any of the primary categories, and additionally or solely entered into one or both (if applicable) of the Green Building and Heritage and Adaptive Reuses Property Award categories.
- All projects, developments or substantive refurbishments must be located within New Zealand.
The Awards are highly regarded for their focus on efficient use of capital. Projects are awarded for meeting a wide range of criteria to provide an outstanding return and/or delivery of service potential on investment of funds and maximum community benefit for public buildings.
Judging across all categories is strongly weighted towards economic and financial factors and other factors are evenly considered. Submissions will be assessed based on the following principles and allocated weighting.
- Economic and financial criteria 30%
- Project vision and innovation (includes degree of difficulty) 20%
- Design and construction 20%
- Owner and user satisfaction 20%
- Sustainability and efficiency of operation 10%
The Property Industry Awards magazine showcases our award winners and nominees. This publication is sent to all member companies, awards guests and nominees and sold via retail outlets throughout New Zealand - if you wish to order additional copies, please click here.
2018 Awards: Highlights & Heroes
To view the highlights from the 2018 Awards, including all winners, photographs and information, please click here.
If you are a Property Council member and are interested in partnering with us for the 2019 Property Industry Awards, please contact Lauren Hunter for more information.
Contact | Lauren Hunter
Lauren is National Events Manager at Property Council New Zealand, tasked with managing our large-scale annual events such as the Property Council New Zealand Rider Levett Bucknall Property Industry Awards, Annual National Conference, Residential Development Summit and Retail Conference. With over a decade of event experience, Lauren is an expert when it comes to professional education and planning one heck of a party.
Get in touch here or via 09 300 9589.