that enhances communities
With housing at its least affordable, we must build more houses, faster.
Housing supply in New Zealand has not met demand, with a lack of supply affecting housing affordability and access to housing for many New Zealanders. There needs to be a greater focus on delivering housing plans and policies.
We want to see increased housing supply within existing and/or new communities and the Government further champion a vibrant Build-to-Rent housing sector to help reduce rental price pressures. Changes within current building legislation could also be made to alleviate risks and concerns with the legislative building system.
- Prefab and modular housing
- Innovation and design
- Building legislation reform
- Increase housing supply within existing or new communities.
- Champion the creation of a Build-to-Rent housing sector.
- Cap local authority liability to 20%, establish minimum insurance requirements, develop a National Register of Products and establish an independent regulator for consent applications.
Build to Rent
Join a taskforce
For further information or to get involved, contact: