On 20 April 2022, Property Council submitted on Queenstown Lakes District Council’s Draft Annual Plan 2022-2023.
Property Council’s submission supported the overall direction of this year’s annual plan however made some recommendations to influence fair outcomes for all in the region.
We recommended that Queenstown Lakes District Council:
- Consult with Property Council in relation to Project Manawa;
- Conduct further analysis to propose a third option under the Climate and Biodiversity Plan which prioritises more actions and a slight rates increase;
- Ensure that an adjustment in budgeting reflects continued levels of service to the community in key programmes of work e.g., in consenting;
- Ensure that an increase in user fees is matched with increased levels of service provided to applicants; and
- Present the property sector with some guidance on how the Council plans to revitalise the wider Queenstown Lakes District post COVID-19.