On 13 April 2022, Property Council submitted on Christchurch City Council’s Draft Annual Plan 2022/2023.
Why it matters to our members
Property Council advocates for the creation and retention of a well-designed, functional and sustainable built environment. The Draft Annual Plan 2022/2023 outlines the direction of Christchurch City Council for the next twelve months and will influence outcomes across Christchurch.
Property Council’s submission supported the overall direction of the Draft Annual Plan, however there were also areas of serious concern. Our recommendations addressed these concerns and contribute to a more effective and equitable approach.
We did not support:
- The proposed adoption of the vacant sites rating differential; and
- The proposed introduction of financial contributions as a possible revenue source.
We recommended that:
- CCC does not adopt the vacant sites differential;
- CCC reconsider including financial contributions as a possible revenue source;
- Work with best endeavours to continue with the Te Kaha project;
- Investigate alternative funding methods to more equitably share the rating burden; and
- Provide certainty and commitment around the implementation of the Otakaro Avon River Corridor Activity Plan.