Research that promotes informed decision-making
Produced by Property Council for over 20 years, the Operating Expenses Benchmark is a leading industry guide that presents costs for owning and operating commercial offices and shopping centres.
Designed to provide owners and managers with a tool for preparing operating budgets and evaluating the performance of properties, the Operating Expenses Benchmark is widely used by many of the key players within the commercial property industry including retailers, contractors, suppliers, centre owners and managers and is also frequently used by valuers, developers and consultants.
Featuring the following
- Office building and shopping centre summary results
- Median costs for fixed charges
- Median costs for operational expenses such as HVAC, lifts and escalators, total energy, water, cleaning, fire protection, R&M and more
- Operating profiles by city, size, quality grade or shopping centre category
- CBD and non CBD buildings
- Buildings over and under 10,000sqm
- Comprehensive time series analysis of selected expenses.
Benchmark your building
To include your office building or shopping centre in the next survey contact James Kennelly.
In exchange for providing data on your property, we can supply an OpEx comparison report for each of your buildings against a group of similar buildings.
Please note that no identifying information that reveals the identity of buildings that participated in the survey is released in this process.