We can’t wait to get together kanohi ki te kanohi again and see you at the Green Property Summit for a full day of inspiration, innovation and conversation. Alongside the benefits of sharing in person, there are also the challenges of tackling the emissions associated with an in-person event. We successfully gained Toitū carbon zero certification for our last Green Property Summit at Auckland’s Aotea Centre and we’re looking to do the same again this year!
But we need your help!
There are a surprising amount of emissions produced through the planning and attendance of an event, all of which we’ll be measuring and trying to reduce.
Our goals are:
- Reducing all waste from the Summit as much as possible, with an ambition to eliminate waste entirely from the event.
- Clearly show everyone involved with the Summit what we’re doing to make it the greenest ever, why we’re doing it, and how we’re doing it.
- Improve the sustainability of our sourcing and procurement.
- Reduce Green Property Summit’s greenhouse gas emissions.
- Track what we’re doing, measure it, and improve.
With your help it will have the least amount of waste, greatly improved energy efficiency, and loads of people making the most of Auckland’s sustainable transport options to and from the Summit.
We will need your help if we’re to successfully hold a low-emission, sustainable event. Last year showed us that 90% of the emissions were contributed by the way people travelled to and from the event.
Here’s where we need your help:
- Reduce your transport emissions by traveling on foot, bike, or on public transport
- Help us cut down on single-use plastic by bringing your own drink bottle. You’ll be able to refill at stations around the venue
- During the event be sure to use the appropriate bins for any recycling, composting and general waste. All event waste will be sorted at Aotea Arts Quarter’s own recycling centre.
- Avoid unnecessary paper and download the Green Property Summit app, which will have all the info you need.
Get in the draw to win!
We’ll also be giving away prizes to those who travel on public or active transport. More details will be sent through shortly on how to win. Post a photo travelling to or from the event on public transport, on foot or by bicycle on social media, tag in Property Council and NZGBC alongside the hashtag #GPS23 to be in the draw to win!
• Wine tasting party with 27seconds
• Evo cycles gift voucher $100
• Ecostore gift hamper
So put those trainers on, take that bike out of the garage, or head down to your local bus stop or train station to get yourself to Aotea Centre. There are some great public transport options available – planning is easy using the AT Journey Planner.
Full terms and conditions can be found here.