Honouring the Legends
The Property Council New Zealand Members' Laureate programme honours those individuals who have made an outstanding contribution to both the organisation and wider property industry.
Members from all levels of governance (from National Council to Branch Executives) are invited to nominate a deserving candidate, with the membership awarded once a year at the Property Council NZ Rider Levett Bucknall Property Industry Awards. There is no limit as to how many Members' Laureate are awarded each year, nor is there a mandate to award a member should there be no suitable applications.
Members' Laureate benefits
- Complimentary, infinite core membership (including voting rights), applicable nationwide
- A complimentary ticket to the Property Council Rider Levett Bucknall Property Industry Awards each year
- Members will be exhibited on the Property Council website with a dedicated page and included on the Members' Laureate honour board on display at Property Council National Office
- Receive a lapel pin (our ‘bath house’ logo surrounded in a laurel wreath) and a framed certificate.
Candidates should score strongly in the following categories and will be scored out for 10 for each point below. Candidates will most commonly be self-employed or semi-retired. Honorary membership is valid for individuals only.
The individual devoted many years of service to Property Council at a branch or national level
The individual has pioneered a singular direction for the organisation, and secured a strong mandate to do so
The individual initiated major change to the organisation to the benefit of members
The individual’s achievements have stood the test of time
The individual helped establish a significant public profile for Property Council
The individual helped build a more sustainable platform for the organisation – e.g. financial platform
The individual fostered external relationships to the overwhelming benefit of Property Council’s members.
- Nominations are invited from Branch Executive committees, National Council, corporate members group, existing Members’ Laureates and Property Council staff.
- The Chief Executive and National President review all nominations and put forward recommendations to National Council. National Councillors will be supplied with a judging sheet – including photographs, short biographies and justification as to why these candidates have been nominated - and will decide who to initiate into the Member Laureate membership.