23 Feb 2021
Christchurch City Council Draft Car Parking Policy
Property Council New Zealand supports the Christchurch City Council’s Draft Central City Car Parking Policy with the following recommendations:
- A focus on enforcement and need should guide decisions in policies one and two;
- An amendment to Policy 4 to remove some restrictions in relation to high demand parking areas;
- Council considering ownership of its parking assets and divesting them;
- Balancing sustainable alternatives alongside individual needs and demands of commercial and industrial workspaces in the CBD;
- Closing temporary off-street surface parking where they are within a 200m radius of a parking building.