The Property Council's National Council guides the organisation's strategic direction, in close consultation with members.
Made up of industry leaders, influencers and decision makers, National Council members lend their considerable expertise and insight to champion the interests of the commercial property industry.
Led by National President John Dakin, Chief Executive of Goodman NZ, National Council is committed to fostering and enabling quality urban growth and development in New Zealand.
National Councillors 2018/19
Rider Levett Bucknall
Who is elected as a National Councillor?
National Council consists of:
- The National President (ex officio), Chair of the Corporate Members Group
- Seven corporate leader representatives elected by the Corporate Members' Group
- Five Branch Presidents representing the Auckland, Waikato, Bay of Plenty, Wellington and South Island branches (ex officio)
- One Corporate Member representative appointed by the Corporate Members' Group
- One Associate Member representative appointed by National Council
- The Chair of the New Zealand Council Of Retail Property (NZCORP) (ex officio)
- The Chair of the Residential Development Council (RDC) (ex officio)