The Property Council's National Council guides the organisation's strategic direction, in close consultation with members.
Made up of industry leaders, influencers and decision makers, National Council members lend their considerable expertise and insight to champion the interests of the commercial property industry.
Led by National President John Dakin, Chief Executive of Goodman NZ, National Council is committed to fostering and enabling quality urban growth and development in New Zealand.
National Councillors 2020/21
Goodman New Zealand
Who is elected as a National Councillor?
National Council consists of:
- National President, John Dakin – Goodman Property
- Seven Leader representatives from the Corporate Leaders Group (voted by Corporate Members’ Group)
- Scott Pritchard – Precinct Properties (National Vice-President)
- Mark Thomson – Auckland International Airport (National Vice-President)
- Peter Mence – Argosy Property
- Phil Littlewood – Stride Property
- Simon Woodhams – Property for Industry
- Patrick Dougherty – Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities
- Steve Evans – Fletcher Building
- One representative from the Corporate Members Group (voted by Corporate Members’ Group)
- Anna Crosbie – Russell McVeagh
- One Associate Member representative (voted by the National Council)
- Stephen Gracey – Rider Levett Bucknall
- Five Branch Delegates (voted by Branch Executive Committees)
- Andrew Hay - Stride Property (Auckland Branch President)
- Brian Squair – Chow:Hill Architects (Waikato Branch President)
- Scott Adams - Carrus Property (Bay of Plenty Branch President)
- Paul Robinson - The Woolstore (Wellington Branch President)
- James Riddoch - Greenwood Roche (South Island Branch President)
- Chair of the New Zealand Council of Retail Property (ex officio)
- Campbell Barbour - NZRPG
- Chair of the Residential Development Council (ex officio)