Auckland | Introduction to commercial office leasing
Property Council is pleased to be collaborating with the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) to offer a series of training courses aimed at the New Zealand commercial property sector.
Commercial leases are a fundamental aspect of commercial property, setting the occupancy costs for tenants and the rental return for landlords - this impacting the value of properties and the ability to secure bank funding.
Our half day commercial office leasing course focuses on the fundamentals of commercial leases with primary focus on the ADLS lease where the principles learnt from this session can be applied to other leases. Chris Farhi MRICS, Director-Strategic Consulting, Colliers International will provide a Commercial perspective by specifically looking at the following areas;
- An overview of the type of leases used in the NZ office leasing market
- The application of Agreements to Lease and Heads of Agreement
- A review of the major leasing provisions
- Key trends influencing leases
- Rent reviews – overview of a typical NZ review process
- Landlord/tenant drivers, leasing strategies, traps and opportunities
- Smart property procurements for tenants
- Relevant case studies and exercises
This course is suitable for most property professionals and can be used as refresher or as an introduction to Commercial Office Leasing, the course is suited to the following professionals;
- Leasing Agents
- Property and Asset Managers
- Tenant Reps
- Lease Administrators
- Financial personnel
- Facilities Managers
- Building Surveyors
All prices exclude 15% GST.
To register and receive the Property Council member discount, please use the link below to be directed to the RICS website and use the code COMMPCNZ17
Terms and Conditions
Submission of your registration indicates your acceptance of all terms and conditions.
In association with
Presented and facilitated by
Chris Farhi MRICS,
Director - Strategic Consulting
Future course dates
|Christchurch||18 May 2018|
|Wellington||13 July 2018|