Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of Property Council New Zealand, Bay of Plenty branch shall be held at 4.30pm on Wednesday 2 July 2008. The meeting will be held at the Horny Bull Cafe and Bar (67 The Strand, Tauranga)
The business of the meeting shall be as follows:
General BusinessAny member wishing to bring any motion or business not relating to the ordinary annual business of the AGM are reminded that no less than 7 days notice of writing is required to be given to the Branch Secretary. The conclusion of the meeting will be followed by complimentary nibbles and drink.
1. It has been another eventful year with some excellent lunches and speakers, including:
2. Locally there are a number of changes afoot that affect property owners, which the Property Council has been involved in:
3. Upcoming Events:
It is important that all members are aware of these and get involved at the earliest opportunity to improve the position for property owners.
4. My thanks to our committee for the work during the past 12 months:
I note that unfortunately Bevan Spaulding resigned during the year due to his leaving Staples Rodway, a member of this organisation. My thanks to Viv Jarvis, our Secretary, who does an excellent job for us and also to Sharon Collier for continuing to look after our accounts, even though she is not on the committee.
5. Attached is a copy of our fi nancial accounts to 31 March. This shows that the organisation is in a healthy fi nancial position as we have not really spent any money of any consequence for some time. For each of our luncheons a small subsidy is made to help off set costs. However, this allows costs to be maintained at a reasonable level to ensure members continue to participate.
6. Finally, I have decided to resign after 3 years as Branch President, as I have a number of other commitments. I am agreeing to stay on as a committee member however for the foreseeable future. It is therefore important that we fi nd members who are willing to step forward and play a part in the on-going running of this organisation.